[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #92709] History for A question about writing NETCDF file comptable with MET

David Fillmore via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Dec 2 16:06:13 MST 2019

Dear sir or madam,

Hello. I have a question about MET.

I usually put my forecast data into NETCDF file to make it compactable with MET. I write the NETCDF file according to the output NETCDF file of PCP_combine.

However, I found that output of PCP_combine doesn't set the forecast lead correct. When passing these data to verification tools, such as, grid_stat, the output has wrong FCST_LEAD which is actually the accum_time. I wonder if it can be correted by adding an attribute setting forecast lead in input NETCDF file?

It is not a big problem, but correcting it will ease my programing when I am dealing with a large quantity of MET outputs. So would you help me with it please?

Thanks a lot!

Jiangshan Zhu