[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #90994] History for Issue with temporary met_config files

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Aug 6 11:23:50 MDT 2019

Greetings Met Help
We are running into an issue where a user's home directory is filling up
with met_config_*****_0 files.  These files appear to be generated by
grid_stat.  Looking at the documentation and the code, this file should be
written to the tmp_dir defined in the grid_stat_config file.  That is
currently set to /tmp.  We have tried changing this as well as setting the
MET_TMP_DIR variable, but the met_config files continue to be written to
the home directory.  grid_stat is not being run from the user's home
directory.
If there is another setting that we are unaware of that will move the
location of these met_config files, please let us know.