[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #87368] History for Running MODE-TD with incomplete data

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 16 16:10:02 MDT 2018

I'm trying to run MODE-TD with netcdf files that have missing data along
the edges. I set this missing data to some absurdly high number. When I
run it through MODE version 5.0, the missing/absurdly high data is
ignored when making objects <= 250. However, when I run MTD for objects
<= 250, this missing data is set to an object. Therefore every object
which touches the boundary is considered the same object. Is there
something I should do to this missing data so it is ignored? I have put
my config file, a script to run MTD, as well as forecast/observation
data and the resulting output on incoming/irap/met_help/griffin_data/.

Thanks!
Sarah

Sarah M. Griffin
Associate Research Scientist
Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies / SSEC UW-Madison
1225 W Dayton St. Rm 243
Madison, WI 53706
sarah.griffin at ssec.wisc.edu
(608) 262-0986