[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #87402] History for MET in docker-container on DoD HPC (UNCLASSIFIED)

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Oct 17 08:08:42 MDT 2018

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

Recent development from my HPC resource indicates the possibility of using Singularity to enable the use of containerized applications, but the question arises about whether the container needs to be modified to run in a non-root environment. If not, then the guidance is that the user needs only to download and copy the container to the HPC. Singularity provides the way to deploy and run containers on the HPC. Could you clarify the situation regards the ability of MET V8.0 to run in a non-root environment and, if not, what alternatives there are?

Thanks.

R/
John
CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED