[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #83974] History for MET on Gaea.

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Mar 13 08:57:40 MDT 2018

Good Morning,

         I am going to be doing some model simulation on the NOAA computer
Gaea.
I was wondering if MET has been installed on Gaea.

        Thanks,
         Sherrie

Subject: MET on Gaea.
From: Julie Prestopnik
Time: Tue Feb 06 13:14:15 2018

Hi Sherrie.

I don't currently have access to gaea.  I do, however, have access to
theia
and the WCOSS development machines, so I will write to help desk to
request
access to gaea.  Then, I can get MET installed there and keep it
current
when we release new versions.  On theia, I have installed MET at
/contrib/met.  Is there a similar place that I should request access
to on
gaea to install MET?  Thank you in advance for your guidance.

Also, we require that all users of MET register.  Could you please
register
at this page so that we can make sure we remain in compliance with
remain
in compliance with the international export laws of the United States?
https://dtcenter.org/met/users/downloads/index.php

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 11:24 AM, Sherrie Fredrick - NOAA Affiliate via

From: Julie Prestopnik
Time: Tue Feb 27 15:16:19 2018

Hi Sherrie.

METv6.1 is now installed on gaea.

You should be able to run the following commands to run the latest
version
of the MET tools:

module use /lustre/f1/unswept/Julie.Prestopnik/modulefiles/
module load met/6.1

Please let me know if you have any questions or encounter any
problems.

Julie

From: Sherrie Fredrick - NOAA Affiliate
Time: Tue Feb 27 15:43:16 2018

Hi Julie,

    Great, I will start using.

Thanks,
 Sherrie

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 3:16 PM, Julie Prestopnik via RT