[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #84390] History for MET-7 compilation error

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Mar 13 08:57:54 MDT 2018

Dear sir,
I tried to compile MET-7 but faced with a lot of errors :
I followed the instruction given in README file and installed most of
external libraries :
HDF4, HDF5, NETCDF, BUFRLIB, GRIB2C,ZLIB
not installed Cairo, HDF-EOS2
for compilation i used gfortran and gcc compilers.
also i sat all environment variables as it mentioned in README files :

export  MET_NETCDF=/home/suleiman/local
export  MET_NETCDFLIB=/home/suleiman/local/lib export
MET_NETCDFINC=/home/suleiman/local/include
export  MET_HDF5=/home/suleiman/local
export  MET_BUFR=/home/suleiman/local
export  MET_HDF=/home/suleiman/local/hdf4
export  MET_GRIB2C=/home/suleiman/local

./configure --prefix=/home/suleiman/WRF/sources/MET --enable-grib2

nc-config --all

This netCDF 4.3.3.1 has been built with the following features:

  --cc        -> gcc
  --cflags    ->  -I/home/suleiman/local/include
-I/home/suleiman/local/include
  --libs      -> -L/home/suleiman/local/lib -lnetcdf

  --has-c++   -> no
  --cxx       ->
  --has-c++4  -> no
  --cxx4      ->

  --fc        -> gfortran
  --fflags    -> -I/home/suleiman/local/include
  --flibs     -> -L/home/suleiman/local/lib -lnetcdff
-L/home/suleiman/local/lib -lnetcdf -lnetcdf
  --has-f90   -> no

  --has-dap   -> no
  --has-nc2   -> yes
  --has-nc4   -> yes
  --has-hdf5  -> yes
  --has-hdf4  -> no
  --has-pnetcdf-> no

  --prefix    -> /home/suleiman/local
  --includedir-> /home/suleiman/local/include
  --version   -> netCDF 4.3.3.1

I attached all log files and also information about how was installed
netcdf lib
could you please help me with this.

Best regards,
Suleiman