[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #85596] History for plotting CEILING in METViewer

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Jun 21 14:38:32 MDT 2018

Hi there,

I have a question regarding plotting ceiling in METViewer.  It may
necessitate a change to MET.

I am trying to compare ceiling in VSDB to ceiling in MET.  The problem is
that in MET, I have output lines that have the following in it:

HGT       L0       CEILING   L0      ADPSFC G236
HGT       L0       HOCB      L0      ADPSFC G236

This has the first variable being labelled HGT (as in the model) and the
2nd variable being labelled either CEILING or HOCB (cloud base height, both
of these as in the observation).

But it seems to me that METViewer can only see the variable HGT, and not
either the CEILING or HOCB in it, so I can differentiate between the two.
Is there something I need to do, in either MET or METviewer, so I can plot
ceiling only and not all HGTs at level L0?

Thanks!

Perry