[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #80536] History for problem with met/5.1 due to capitalization

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri May 19 11:14:44 MDT 2017

Hi MET helpdesk,

I believe there is a bug associated with the latest changes for MET on
Thiea with respect to met/5.1 and the use of lower case. Several of my jobs
have failed due to the following error:
ERROR  : MetConfig::read(const char *) -> unable to open input file
"/contrib/MET/5.1/share/met/config/ConfigConstants"

This is an example of when pb2nc tool is being used. You can reproduce this
error if you load met/5.1 and just type pb2nc without any arguments. The
error does not appear when using met/6.0. It appears that it is looking in
the wrong location. The correct location should be that with "MET" in lower
case:

"/contrib/met/5.1/share/met/config/ConfigConstants"

Thank you and I hope this is an easy fix
Donnie