[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #79729] History for MODE error, can't parse level string

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Mar 22 10:33:07 MDT 2017

Hi MET-help,

It's me again.  This one should be easier, though!

In attempting to run MODE, I encounter:

ERROR  : VarInfo::set_level_info_grib() - failed to parse level string
'(*,*)'

I'm assuming, but don't know for sure, that the issue is in my MODEConfig
file, specifically the line "level = ...".  (It could also be the preceding
line, as I'm not confident that the field name is correct.)

Is there a way to inspect the wrfout grib file created by the UPP to know
what the name and dimensions of the variable are?  I tried wgrib, but can't
make much sense out of the output / have tried every combination of field
name and level dimensions that seems plausible to me.

I'm looking to compare simulated reflectivity at z=1 km AGL (created by
UPP) to a radar file's REF.

Thanks,
Ryan

--
Ryan Connelly
M.S. Student in Atmospheric Sciences, Stony Brook University
rconne01 at gmail.com
ryan.connelly at stonybrook.edu