[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #79271] History for Using several grib files

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Jan 30 10:33:41 MST 2017

I am trying to compare observations and forecast
with grib files from different global models.

The problem is that different variables are included
in different grib files for each forecast hour (one file contains
UGRD, another VGRD,  TEMP, etc).

I see there is an "obs_file" option for giving more than one observation
file in the point_stat command, but is it also possible
to use different forecast files (ie, more than one grib file)?

I thought about doing point_stat for each file separately,
but wouldn't that overwrite the result files every time I run
point_stat?
Could you please suggest how I should proceed in this case?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Carlos