[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #79924] History for NETCDF Error

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 6 09:16:50 MDT 2017

John, first a reminder - I have two other issues into you guys which I am awaiting a reply.  On this issue, I am verifying global ensemble wind speeds > 15kts.  So the forecast is the probability of wind speeds > 15kts.  I am using the model analysis for ground truth.  In this case I take the model U and V components, calculate the wind speed, threshold it to > 15kts and then write it out to a NETcdf file.  When MET tries to read this file is spits the following error:

DEBUG 1: Default Config File: /h/WXQC/met-5.2/share/met/config/GridStatConfig_default
DEBUG 1: User Config File: /h/WXQC/met-5.2/data/config/GridStatConfig_geps_updated
DEBUG 4: Met2dDataFileFactory::new_met_2d_data_file() -> created new Met2dDataFile object of type "FileType_Gb1".
DEBUG 4: Met2dDataFileFactory::new_met_2d_data_file() -> created new Met2dDataFile object of type "FileType_NcMet".
ERROR  :
ERROR  : read_netcdf_grid_v3() -> Projection type latlon not currently supported.
ERROR  :

The MET documentation says MET supports latlon grids so not sure why the error.  I placed the NETcdf file in question on your server.

Thanks
Bob Craig