[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #79997] History for Problem loading VSDBs

Tatiana Burek via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Apr 4 09:38:28 MDT 2017

Hello.  Thanks very much for including FSS plotting from VSDBs in
MetViewer 1.12.  I'm trying to load a small set of VSDBs to try out the
new feature and have run into some trouble.  Here's what I've been
doing, after 'sudo -i -u metviewer', and cd to /metviewer/staging/wd22yl:

Step 1:
mysql --defaults-file=/usr1/metviewer/.my.cnf -e'create database
mv_ylin_test_feb2017'

Step 2:
mysql --defaults-file=/usr1/metviewer/.my.cnf mv_ylin_test_feb2017 <
/usr1/metviewer/metviewer/sql/mv_mysql.sql

Step 3:
/usr1/metviewer/metviewer/bin/mv_load.sh load_test.xml_ying.feb2017 >
out.load/loadlog.test.feb2017.2

I'm getting error messages like this:

   dropping...
Error DROP INDEX stat_header_model_idx ON stat_header ;
   **  ERROR: caught class java.lang.Exception applying index
stat_header_model_i
dx: caught SQLException calling executeUpdate: Can't DROP
'stat_header_model_idx
'; check that column/key exists
              stat_header_model_idx: 0:00:00.065

I tried it twice (yesterday and today) and got similar results (did a '
mysql --defaults-file=/usr1/metviewer/.my.cnf -e "drop database
mv_ylin_test_feb2017"' before the 2nd try).  Would you be able to tell
from the above what might the problem be?

VSDB database for this test:  /metviewer/staging/wd22yl/vsdb/
Load script: /metviewer/staging/wd22yl/load_test.xml_ying.feb2017
Output from mv_load.sh:
/metviewer/staging/wd22yl/out.load/loadlog.test.feb2017 and
loadlog.test.feb2017.2

Thank you very much for your help!

Ying

--