[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #78081] History for Plotting GSS for more than one model

Tatiana Burek via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Sep 28 13:40:06 MDT 2016

Hello.  I'm running into what seems to be exactly the same problem that
Tatiana resolved for me a few weeks ago, in ticket #77761.  See the
attached xml, meant to plot GSS for two models (GFS and NAM) for 24h
ending 12Z 1 Jul 2016.  It'll only plot (and produce R data) for one
model.  If I re-set it to plot just a single model (GSS or NAM), then it
works fine and produces correct results.

The earlier inquiry (that Tatiana resolved) was for a test database,
mv_pcp_jul.  Yesterday I loaded a full data base (precip VSDBs, Jan-Aug
2016) to mv_precip.  Plots for two models work fine for CSI, FBIAS, but
not for GSS.  I tried plotting GSS for two other models (CMC and CMCGLB)
and got the same result - only one model's GSS would show up.

I did an experiment: changed the 'database' field in the attached xml
from 'mv_precip' to 'mv_pcp_jul' (the database Tatiana looked into in
ticket #77761) and it does work for mv_pcp_jul.

Thanks!

Ying

--
Ying Lin
NCEP/EMC/Mesoscale Modeling Branch
Ying.Lin at noaa.gov

I reapply the fix to mv_precip database and rerun your plot.
I got both models on the image.
Please verify if it is working for you.

Tatiana

From: Ying Lin
Time: Tue Sep 27 16:03:45 2016

Tatiana,

     Yes, it does work now, thank you.

     The problem in ticket #77783 and fixed for mv_pcp_jul (6-9 Sept)
crops up again on mv_precip - with the attached xml, GSS for NAM at
3"/day is off by 5 orders of magnitude: should be -0.000046202, not
-4.6202.  Could you look into this again for mv_precip?  Thanks again
-

Ying

Ying.Lin at noaa.gov

From: Tatiana Burek
Time: Wed Sep 28 08:59:57 2016

Did not apply all updates...
Should be fixed now.

Tatiana

On Tue Sep 27 16:03:45 2016, ying.lin at noaa.gov wrote:
> Tatiana,
>
>      Yes, it does work now, thank you.
>
>      The problem in ticket #77783 and fixed for mv_pcp_jul (6-9
Sept)
> crops up again on mv_precip - with the attached xml, GSS for NAM at
> 3"/day is off by 5 orders of magnitude: should be -0.000046202, not
> -4.6202.  Could you look into this again for mv_precip?  Thanks
again -

> Ying
>
> On 09/26/2016 04:45 PM, Tatiana Burek via RT wrote:
> > Ying,
> > I reapply the fix to mv_precip database and rerun your plot.
> > I got both models on the image.
> > Please verify if it is working for you.
> >
> > Tatiana
> >
> > On Fri Sep 23 15:02:13 2016, ying.lin at noaa.gov wrote:
> >> Hello.  I'm running into what seems to be exactly the same
problem that
> >> Tatiana resolved for me a few weeks ago, in ticket #77761.  See
the
> >> attached xml, meant to plot GSS for two models (GFS and NAM) for
24h
> >> ending 12Z 1 Jul 2016.  It'll only plot (and produce R data) for
one
> >> model.  If I re-set it to plot just a single model (GSS or NAM),
then it
> >> works fine and produces correct results.
> >>
> >> The earlier inquiry (that Tatiana resolved) was for a test
database,
> >> mv_pcp_jul.  Yesterday I loaded a full data base (precip VSDBs,
Jan-Aug
> >> 2016) to mv_precip.  Plots for two models work fine for CSI,
FBIAS, but
> >> not for GSS.  I tried plotting GSS for two other models (CMC and
CMCGLB)
> >> and got the same result - only one model's GSS would show up.
> >>
> >> I did an experiment: changed the 'database' field in the attached
xml
> >> from 'mv_precip' to 'mv_pcp_jul' (the database Tatiana looked
into in
> >> ticket #77761) and it does work for mv_pcp_jul.
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >>
> >> Ying

Hi Tatiana, yes it looks correct now. Thank you!

Ying

Ying.Lin at noaa.gov