[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #77555] History for pb2nc run-time speed question

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Sep 2 12:10:44 MDT 2016

Dear MET help,

I have noticed that pb2nc runs *very* slow for us, typically taking at least 2+ hours to process a single day of prepbufr .nr files from the RDA archive server.

Am I not running pb2nc correctly, or does this program typically run very slow like this?
If it's the latter, has the MET team thought about ways to maximize run-time performance with the pb2nc program?

Thanks much,
Jon