[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #77614] History for Question on supported data format

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Oct 12 13:28:43 MDT 2016

Hello

I would like to run grid-stat tool using WRF model forecasts and TRMM
observations.

I converted original HDF-format TRMM observation to NetCDF-format, and I
also interpolated original lat/lon grid to WRF Lambert conformal grid using
NCL.

And I tried to run pcp_combine before running grid-stat tool to make
accumulated precipitation.

However, I got errors like
"get_field() -> can't open data file ***.nc"

Could you give me some advices on this problem?

And... Actually, I selected TRMM observations to verify WRF forecasts over
South Korea, where stage-4 analysis is not available.
Could you recommend other gridded precipitation observations over Southeast
Asia other than TRMM?

Thank you for your kindness.

Best regards
Yonghan Choi