[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #78196] History for why the point_met 's output (point_stat****$fcsthour_WINDS**.stat is void

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 18 09:43:14 MDT 2016

Dear Mr. or Mrs.,
I had two experiments for the same domain, though their wgrib2 format and
grids maybe are not exactly the same.
However, it is still confusing to me why one of experiments will get a void
Met_Point's output like
point_stat_namrr_hi_impnest_F18_WINDS_180000L_20151031_000000V.stat, in
which only the head line was there. At the same time, the file like
point_stat_namrr_hi_impnest_F18_ADPUPA_180000L_20151031_000000V.stat was
normal with the verification results.
My first question is , what the WIND*stat files are for?    If the same
configure files were used while one experiment got the expectied results
and the other got an exmpty files,  what is the possible reason for a void
output if I know there were observations in that domain?
So,I hope I made my question clear.  Maybe it is not an easy explanation
from what I given. Then, that will be also great if you can first let me
know what the Point_stat*WINDS*stat files are?
Your help is appreciated.
Best Regards,
Ting