[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #76465] History for Using MET MODE to match ensemble data objects

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue May 24 09:31:58 MDT 2016

Greetings,

I am exploring MET MODE for displaying QPF objects of ensemble model data
operationally. I know that the common format of MET MODE is to match
forecast objects to observations, but I was wondering if it could also
match an ensemble of the most prominent forecast objects simultaneously
(i.e. no observation, but with multiple forecast inputs)?

This can likely be achieved by iteratively matching each unique forecast
couplet in the ensemble and then grouping the statistics, but I was
wondering if there was an easier way at the command line.

Thanks for your help!

Mike

--

Michael J. Erickson, Ph.D
Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (CIRES)

Phone:  301-683-1546