[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #76349] History for pointstat problem

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu May 19 13:53:25 MDT 2016

Dear All,

I'm facing some troubles with pointstat routine, in detail I couldn't  obtain matching pairs using my data.
Using verbose debugging I see that Grid definition is not correct because for example
as lower left (ll) latitude is indicated  a value that in effects is my upper level value , as you can see in the following screenshots that are  taken from pointstat log the first
and a call to cdo libraries the latter.

DEBUG 2:
DEBUG 2: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DEBUG 2:
DEBUG 2: Reading data for TMP/Z2.
DEBUG 3: MetGrib1DataFile::data_plane_array() -> Found range match for VarInfo "TMP/Z2" in GRIB record 181 of GRIB file "/lustre/arpa/gallaii/scratch/wrf4oper//wr
f_verif//d03//CRMA_WRF-4-CRMA_d03_2016050300+000000h.GRIB".
DEBUG 3: MetGrib1DataFile::data_plane_array() -> Found 1 GRIB records matching VarInfo "TMP/Z2" in GRIB file "/lustre/arpa/gallaii/scratch/wrf4oper//wrf_verif//d0
3//CRMA_WRF-4-CRMA_d03_2016050300+000000h.GRIB".
DEBUG 3: Use the matching forecast and observation grids.
DEBUG 3: Grid Definition: Projection: Lat/Lon Nx: 90 Ny: 90 lat_ll: 46.920 lon_ll: -11.888 delta_lat: 0.017 delta_lon: 0.025
DEBUG 2: For TMP/Z2 found 1 forecast levels and 0 climatology levels.
DEBUG 2:
DEBUG 2: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whereas interrogating the same GRIB file with cdo I obtain
   Grid coordinates :
     1 : lonlat       > size      : dim = 8100  nx = 90  ny = 90
                        lon       : first = 11.888  last = 14.149  inc = 0.0254044944  degrees_east
                        lat       : first = 45.322  last = 46.92  inc = 0.0179550562  degrees_north

I'm missing something obvious? GRIB files come from UPP (remapping the grid from lambert conformal to regular lon lat)

It's more evident looking at the image produced with plot_data_plane : gray/blue colors should be the Alps in Italy
Whereas political boundaries show part of Denmark , Sweden ...
Any advice?

Thanks
Irene

+------------------------------------+
  WE ALL are environmentally responsible. By not printing this email you've helped save paper, ink, and millions of trees.
+------------------------------------+

  Irene Gallai

  Agenzia Regionale per la Protezione dell'Ambiente (ARPA FVG )
  SOC Direzione Tecnica Scientifica
  CRMA - Centro Regionale di Modellistica Ambientale

   Via Cairoli 14
   I-33057 Palmanova (UD) ITALY
   tel pers.: +39 0432 1918044
   tel centr.: +39 0432 1918120
   e-mail : irene.gallai at arpa.fvg.it<mailto:irene.gallai at osmer.fvg.it>

AVVISO DI RISERVATEZZA
"Informazioni riservate possono essere contenute nel messaggio o nei suoi allegati. Se non siete i destinatari indicati nel messaggio, o responsabili per la sua consegna alla persona, o se avete ricevuto il messaggio per errore, non dovete trascriverlo, copiarlo o inviarlo a nessuno. In tal caso, dovete cancellare/distruggere il messaggio ed i suoi allegati. Grazie."

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
"Confidential information may be contained in this message or in its attachments. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message, or responsible for message delivering to that person, or if you have received this message in error, you may not transcribe, copy or deliver this message to anyone. In that case, you should delete/destroy this message and its attachments. Thank you .

AVVISO DI RISERVATEZZA Informazioni riservate possono essere contenute nel messaggio o nei suoi allegati. Se non siete i destinatari indicati nel messaggio, o responsabili per la sua consegna alla persona, o se avete ricevuto il messaggio per errore, siete pregati di non trascriverlo, copiarlo o inviarlo ad alcuno. In tal caso vi invitiamo a cancellare il messaggio ed i suoi allegati. Grazie.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE Confidential information may be contained in this message or in its attachments. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message, or responsible for message delivering to that person, or if you have received this message in error, you may not transcribe, copy or deliver this message to anyone. In that case, you should delete this message and its attachments. Thank you.