[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #77780] History for Upgrade MET from Version 5.1 to 5.2

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Dec 12 12:45:39 MST 2016

I am a Linux SA at NOAA NCEP. The EMC section wants to upgrade to version
5.2. Are there differences in the libraries between these 2 version?

Best regards

Terence Tomes
Linux Systems Engineer
NCEP Central Operations
(301) 683-3855

Subject: Re: [rt.rap.ucar.edu #77780] Upgrade MET from Version 5.1 to 5.2
From: Julie Prestopnik
Time: Fri Sep 02 10:34:28 2016

Hi Terence.  There are no differences in the external library
dependencies between MET versions 5.1 and 5.2.  There will be
differences between 5.2 and our next 6.0 release, however.

Just a heads up that early next week we will be releasing our first
set of patches for MET version 5.2, which will include an update of
the MODE logic that your users may be interested in, so you may want
to hold off on the upgrade until then.

Julie

--
Julie Prestopnik
Phone: 303.497.8399
Email: jpresto at ucar.edu

Thank you for the update. I will wait until next week.
Have a nice holiday weekend.

Best regards
Terry

Terence Tomes
Linux Systems Engineer
NCEP Central Operations
(301) 683-3855

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 4:34 PM, Julie Prestopnik via RT

From: Julie Prestopnik
Time: Fri Sep 02 10:52:00 2016

Thank you,  I hope you will have a nice holiday weekend as well.

Julie

--
Julie Prestopnik
Phone: 303.497.8399
Email: jpresto at ucar.edu

From: John Halley Gotway
Time: Wed Sep 07 10:07:17 2016

Hello Terrence,

I'm writing to let you know that the patches for METv5.2 are available
and
can be accessed at this website:
   http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/support/known_issues/METv5.2/index.php

I've cc'ed Jacob Carley on this email who works at EMC and was
interested
in compiling METv5.2 as well.  Once you have it compiled, would you be
able
to tell me the machine and the path?  At the bottom of the download
page of
the MET website
(http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/downloads/index.php), we
list the location of MET on several HPC machines.  Will this be
compiled on
WCOSS and/or Theia?  I'd like to update the information for one or
both.

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 10:52 AM, Julie Prestopnik via RT

From: Terence Tomes - NOAA Affiliate
Time: Wed Sep 07 10:28:28 2016

John,

I downloaded the gzip file earlier today. At the present time, I have
some
other issues I am working. I probably will not begin the installation
until
next
week. Once I install and compile the version 5.2 I will send you the
machine
and path information.

Best regards
Terry

Terence Tomes
Linux Systems Engineer
NCEP Central Operations
(301) 683-3855

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 4:07 PM, John Halley Gotway via RT
<met_help at ucar.edu

From: John Halley Gotway
Time: Wed Sep 07 11:14:21 2016

Thanks Terence.

John

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 10:28 AM, Terence Tomes - NOAA Affiliate via RT