[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #77581] History for MET 5.2 release now has “grid_weight_flag” configuration option

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Aug 19 13:53:00 MDT 2016

I have been a MET 5.1 user and I saw that this new 5.2 release has the
capability to weight by grid cell area or cosine of latitude for
grid-to-grid comparison.  I had previously assumed this was taken care in
the grid-stat and point-stat tools statistical output (particularly
ANOM_CORR and RMSE).  Was this not done in either grid-stat or point-stat
before?  If not, do you foresee enabling this for point-stat (grid-to-point
comparison) in the future?

Thank you,
--
Shannon Rees