[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #75759] History for Verification of GFS data

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 18 12:18:34 MDT 2016

I am trying to use point_stat to verify temperature and wind over
selected stations using GFS data I downloaded from this Location:
http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/products/gfs/

However, I keep getting the message:

ERROR  :
ERROR  : out of memory!  Exiting!
ERROR  :

I guess the GFS file is too big? Each GFS file is about 217 MB, and I have
used WRF files way larger than that before and Point_stat worked fine.
Is there  a way to select only a particular region?

Thanks heaps in advance for any help on this issue.

Carlos