[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #71614] History for ascii2nc followup

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon May 4 09:44:41 MDT 2015

I have observations of dew point and 6-hr accumulated precipitation, write them out to ascii file setting codes 17 and 61, respectively, and convert to prepbufer with ascii2nc.

I later want to use pointstat* for WRF evaluation against these data. There are no corresponding variables in WRF output. Do I need to explicitly calculate
mixing ratio from Td and some other form of precip from these observations so they correspond to WRF output variables? Or there is some trick that is available in pointstat configuration that would do it for me?

Thanks,
Mariusz