[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #63416] History for about cat_thresh setting

Tressa Fowler via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jan 27 08:33:41 MST 2015

Hello!

I have verified my automatic  weather stations  rainfall with using the MET pointstat library, the attached is ETS and TS
scores that I have ploted.
There are some different about greater and equal 0.1 mm,  and there is big different between  ETS and TS from 18:00 UTC.  The TS scores greater than the ETS scores,  and the others thresh are normal. I think the reason maybe be that there are many 0.1 mm in my observation rainfall data. I am not sure that.
Another question is about the cat_thresh, the example in MET sets a sides of cat_thresh, for example just setting >=0.1,>=10,>=20 and so on. I do not know whether the >=0.1  thresh scores includes the >=10 thresh scores.
If I  just want to verify the thresh between 0.1 mm and  10 mm, what should I do ?

Best wishes!

look forward to your replying!

Qiang Li