[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #64608] History for puzzled about rmse, me and stdev

Tressa Fowler via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jan 27 08:34:06 MST 2015

hello!
I have plot the RMSE , ME and STDEV in one drawing(the attached) .
 the value and the trend are analogous between the  RMSE  and the STDEV.
but the guide tell the MSE can be strongly influenced by ME, as shown by
this decomposition(C-8) and the RMSE is simply the squre root of the MSE.

the contradiction is shown in the two situation, how to solve it?

Thanks!

Qiang