[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #67206] History for MET-TC question about interp12=TRUE/False option

Kathryn Newman via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Jan 14 13:30:25 MST 2015

I have a couple questions about the interp12 option in the tc_pairs config
file.

When running tc_pairs with interp12 = TRUE, and the 12 hour interpolated
model listed with the other models, I get the attached .tcst file, which
appears to be correct.  However, when I run tc_stat, it only recognizes the
20130619_00 HWF2 forecast, and not the 20130617_12 forecast.  Therefore, I
end up with 13 verifiable forecasts instead of 14.  (In other words, if I
manually remove the first HWF2 entry, I get the exact same result as when
it is left in, even though no HWFI is present at that time.)

My questions are:
1) Is there a way to check if a .tcst file is correctly identifying "I" vs
"2" models?
2) How does tc_stat know to replace the I with the 2?

-Dave Zelinsky