[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #69859] History for Query Reg The Bias

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jan 6 14:37:22 MST 2015

there are two o/p CNT and CTS (statistcs).
In CTS type, U have the O/p as FBIAS (frequency Bias) and in the other one is CNT (contoius statistics), U have the O/P MULTIPLICATIVE bias.

Kindly explain the difference b/w the two.

I know freq bias =(a+c)/(a+B) (freq of FCST/freq of obs).

The linear bias or the Mean Error is = 1/n sum ((Fi-Oi) ) where i vaires from 1=N.

Pls explain the difference b/w Mutiplicative bias and freq bias and linear bias???

geeta