[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #74240] History for handling CMORPH data

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Dec 17 10:32:39 MST 2015

Hi met_help. I have to verify the model data with the CMORPH data.
what all data conversions I have to do in order to achieve the same.
Geeta

Subject: handling CMORPH data
From: Julie Prestopnik
Time: Tue Dec 01 11:23:49 2015

Hi Geeta.

We were able to pull a CMORPH file following this naming convention:

YYYYMMDD_3hr-025deg_cpc+comb

from this location:

 ftp://ftp.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/precip/global_CMORPH/3-hourly_025deg/

and convert it to a grib format that you can use with MET.

I have attached the scripts that we used to convert the file.  You
will
need "ncl" and "cdo" to run the scripts.  In the cmorph2grib.ksh
script,
please note that we have the following lines:

NCL=/usr/local/ncl/bin/ncl
CDO=/usr/local/cdo/bin/cdo

If "ncl" and "cdo" are not in those locations on your machine, please
modify the locations in the script to match the location on your
machine.

The scripts will only work on the data following in the naming
convention
and from the location listed above.  However, this README indicates
that
things are changing:

ftp://ftp.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/precip/global_CMORPH/3-
hourly_025deg/NOTICE-OF-TEMINATION-OF-THESE-CMORPH-DATA-LOCATIONS

I hope this helps!

Julie

--
Julie Prestopnik