[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #65984] History for ASCII2NC question

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Jun 2 14:15:15 MDT 2014

I have observations (ADPSFC) from local sensors which I'm reformatting into the MET ASCII point observation format so I can convert them into NetCDF format using ASCII2NC. If my local station IDs are seven characters long is this a problem? I have surveyed a fairly large number of mesonet surface observations obtained from MADIS for other locations in CONUS which are presently in the MET ASCII point observation format and none of the identifiers exceeds five characters.

Thanks.

R/
John

Mr John W. Raby, Meteorologist