[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #65939] History for Help

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Jun 2 14:15:43 MDT 2014

Good afternoon met_help,

I am trying to use MET to verify WRF runs against a locally generated NEXRAD precipitation estimate.  I use matlab so the local precipitation data is not in GRIB.  I did however figure out how to create a netcdf from the data that matched the output from pcp_combine.  The problem is that my data is lat/lon based so I set up the netcdf with the appropriate lat/lon attributes to match my data.  When I ran grid_stat and mode on the data I got this error:  read_netcdf_grid_v3() -> Projection type Lat/Lon not currently supported.

I used lat/lon because the tutorial and handbook say that lat/lon is supported.

Should I try to reference my data to another projection?  Is there a better way to get my data formatted as an input for  grid_stat and mode?

I can provide files etc. if your require them.

Thank you for your time,

John D McMillen