[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #69935] History for Is MET installed on Zeus?

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Dec 1 14:23:42 MST 2014

Hello. I thought I saw somewhere that MET was already installed and
accessible on Zeus. Is this the case? If so, where is it?

Thanks,
Matt
Matthew Morin
Engility
High Technology Services Group
GFDL
Princeton University Forrestal Campus
201 Forrestal Road
Princeton, NJ 08540
phone: 609-452-5381
email: Matthew.Morin at noaa.gov

Subject: Is MET installed on Zeus?
From: Julie Prestopnik
Time: Mon Dec 01 09:08:52 2014

Hi Matt. Yes, MET is installed and available on Zeus at
/scratch1/portfolios/BMC/dtc/MET/met-5.0.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or problems.

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 7:56 AM, Matthew Morin - NOAA Affiliate via RT

> Mon Dec 01 07:56:37 2014: Request 69935 was acted upon.
> Transaction: Ticket created by matthew.morin at noaa.gov
>        Queue: met_help
>      Subject: Is MET installed on Zeus?
>        Owner: Nobody
>   Requestors: matthew.morin at noaa.gov
>

> Hello. I thought I saw somewhere that MET was already installed and
> accessible on Zeus. Is this the case? If so, where is it?
>
> Thanks,
> Matt
> Matthew Morin
> Engility
> High Technology Services Group
> GFDL
> Princeton University Forrestal Campus
> 201 Forrestal Road
> Princeton, NJ 08540
> phone: 609-452-5381
> email: Matthew.Morin at noaa.gov

Julie Prestopnik
Phone: 303.497.8399
Email: jpresto at ucar.edu

From: Matthew Morin - NOAA Affiliate
Time: Mon Dec 01 13:40:38 2014

Hi Julie,

Thanks for your help!

I found that I am not able to use the METv5.0 executables on Zeus?
This is
what happens:
[Matthew.Morin at fe6 ~/MET_workdir]$
/scratch1/portfolios/BMC/dtc/MET/met-5.0/bin/grid_stat
/scratch1/portfolios/BMC/dtc/MET/met-5.0/bin/grid_stat: error while
shared libraries: libgsl.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such
file
or directory

Version 4.1 seems to work just fine:
[Matthew.Morin at fe6 ~/MET_workdir]$
/scratch1/portfolios/BMC/dtc/MET/METv4.1/bin/grid_stat

*** Model Evaluation Tools (METV4.1) ***

Usage: grid_stat
        fcst_file
        obs_file
        config_file
        [-outdir path]
        [-log file]
        [-v level]

Do the v5.0 executables work for you (or others) on Zeus?

Thanks,
Matt

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 11:08 AM, Julie Prestopnik via RT

From: John Halley Gotway
Time: Mon Dec 01 13:56:55 2014

Hello Matt,

This is John Halley Gotway.  I work with Julie on the development and
support of MET.  I see that you're able to run METv4.1 on zues without
problems but you're getting a runtime error from version 5.0.

METv4.1 was compiled using static linking while version 5.0 was
compiled
using dynamic linking.  static linking to external libraries is done
at
compile time while dynamic linking to external libraries is done at
run
time.  One disadvantage to dynamic linking is that you need to set up
your
environment before running the tools.

Please try running the following two commands:
   module load intel
   setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/scratch1/portfolios/BMC/dtc/MET/external_libs_intel/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

And then try running the met-5.0 tools again.  Did that do the trick?

Ideally, we'd set up the met-5.0 tools as a module and you'd just have
run "module load met" to put them in your path and configure your
environment.  But we haven't done that yet.

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 1:40 PM, Matthew Morin - NOAA Affiliate via RT

From: Matthew Morin - NOAA Affiliate
Time: Mon Dec 01 14:00:45 2014

Hi John,

Yes, that did the trick. Thanks!

-Matt

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 3:56 PM, John Halley Gotway via RT
<met_help at ucar.edu