[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #69771] History for query reg the average rainfall.

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Dec 1 13:27:42 MST 2014

Hi John, I have to compute average rainfall over a box (say 10-20N/60-90E) from wrf output using the NCL script. I have used MET for converting the rainfall
from wrfout files into netcdf files (I named them as
model24_2011060100.nc) using the PCP_COMBINE tool. now model24_2011060100.nc
file has ONLY rainfall data. Now my confusion is as follows. Do I have to use the  destaggering function for this data file before I calculate area average???. 1. I saw the ncl scripts that use the wrfout file directly.http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/Graphics/NCL/Examples/PRECIP/wrf_Precip.ncl2. there is destaggering function http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/WRF_arw/wrf_user_unstagger.shtml
can u help me in telling me a little more about the projection of the NC file so obtained from pcp-tool.

geeta