[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #69676] History for Questions about MODE

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Dec 1 13:27:19 MST 2014

I am trying to get some information from the MODE software and Laurie suggested that you might be able to assist again. I get the files read by MODE but after numerous changes of the configuration file, MODE still does not recognise the forecast field in the 20121102_SWFDPH.grb file. MODE does not apply any threshold value to this field and therefore does not compare the forecast and the observation field (SWFDP_MODE.png). Might this be due to the fact that the forecast field only consists of 1's and 0's and the observation is a continuous rainfall field? Or is there possibly some way to get around it?

I know you are busy but would appreciate any assistance in this regard. I have attached all the files required by MODE if my explanation does not make sense and you would like to test for yourself.
The command I used to execute MODE is:
/bin/mode 20121102_SWFDPH.grb 20121102_HYDRO.grb MODEConfig_APCP_24

Kind regards,
Stephanie