[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #68617] History for grib2 error message in pcp_combine

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Aug 14 14:38:33 MDT 2014

Hi MET help,

I have a NDFD grib2 file with QPF data over the Mid Atlantic sector.  I
would like to convert it to a netcdf file that I can eventually run
through grid_stat with a netcdf Stage IV data file. However, when I try
to run pcp_combine, I get the following error.

[esukovich at linux64 NDFD_Data]$ pcp_combine 00000000_000000 06
20091206_120000 06 TestGrb2file.nc
DEBUG 1: [1] File ./YICZ98_KWBN_200912051301 matches valid time of
20091206_120000
DEBUG 1: [1] Reading input file: ./YICZ98_KWBN_200912051301
ERROR  : MetGrib2DataFile::data_plane() found unrecognized ScanMode (80)
ERROR  :

I have checked that the appropriate flags are activated in the
user_defs.mk file but I am still missing something. Any ideas? I have
attached the NDFD file for reference.

Thank you!
Ellen