[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #60506] History for Error while building netcdf

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Mar 26 10:00:06 MDT 2013

I was trying to install the MET package on my Linux/fedora based laptop. But, receive error messages while trying to istall the required packages. While running the 'configure' script for netcdf, I receive  the following error message:

configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details.

The config.log file is attached here with.

Kindly advise.

Lameque