[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #60554] History for Permission denied

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Mar 26 10:00:21 MDT 2013

I have successfully complied the MET package. But, when I try to run the test scripts, I receive "./test_all.sh: Permission denied' error message.
Kindly advise.
Lameque

Subject: Re: [rt.rap.ucar.edu #60554] Permission denied
From: John Halley Gotway
Time: Thu Mar 07 12:59:09 2013

Lameque,

Hmmm, that's an odd permissions issue to have.  Before running the
test scripts, make sure you're in the correct directory:
    cd METv4.0/scripts

Perhaps MET was installed using a different user name, and you don't
have permission to write to the METv4.0/out directory.  If that's the
case, try running the test script as the same user that
installed the MET package.