[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #60489] History for input for the Point-Stat tool

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Mar 26 09:59:46 MDT 2013

Good day,

I've just been going through some of the documentation for the Point-Stat tool of METv4.0 and it's my understanding that the gridded input file for the Point-Stat tool has to be in either the GRIB format or in a NetCDF format as generated by the Pcp-Combine tool. Can you please confirm that this is the case?

Also I understand that it is not possible to use a NetCDF file that is produced by the WRF model as an inputfile for the Point-Stat tool. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance,

Joost Hoekstra
Support Engineer
BMT ARGOSS

Tel:  +31-527-242299 (Switchboard)
Fax: +31-527-242016
Skype: bmt_joost.hoekstra
Website: www.bmtargoss.com<http://www.bmtargoss.com/>

[https://secure.bmt.org/logos/companies2/BMT-ARGOSS.gif]

LinkedIn<http://www.bmt.org/linkedin/> | Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/bmtgroup> | Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/BMTGroup> | YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/bmtgroupltd>

BMT ARGOSS, Voorsterweg 28, 8316 PT, Marknesse, The Netherlands

Registered in the Netherlands, No 39060160, Registered office as above.

Unless otherwise agreed by BMT ARGOSS in writing, all work, services, goods or products supplied by BMT ARGOSS shall be subject to and governed by BMT ARGOSS's own terms and conditions which are available for inspection from BMT ARGOSS on request.

E-mail confidentiality notice and disclaimer:
The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of the mail addressee(s) shown. If you are not that person, you are not allowed to read it, to take any action based upon it or to copy it, forward, distribute or disclose the contents of it and you should please delete it from your system. BMT ARGOSS does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the context of this e-mail or its attachments which arise as a result of internet transmission, nor accept liability for statements which are those of the author and clearly not made on behalf of BMT ARGOSS.

[https://secure.bmt.org/logos/tree.gif] Please consider the environmental impacts of printing this email, and only do so if really necessary