[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #56643] History for error in fho file txt of PointStat

Paul Oldenburg via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Jun 11 09:04:11 MDT 2012

Dear all,
I want to report an error in the FHO file output of PointStat Tool in MET3.1. The FHO txt file has in the 23 column the F_RATE, in the 24 the H_RATE and in the 25 the O_RATE. I suppose that the calculation of the H_RATE is not correct, in fact, if I control the n values in the contingency table from the CTC text file, I find that H_RATE in the FHO text file is equal to n11/T (T=n11+n10+n01+n00) instead the correct H_RATE should be equal to n11/(n11+n01). In the output file, in fact, I find H_RATE values very low due to this error.
I hope my suggestion will be helpful.
Best regards

    Sabrina

Sabrina Gentile, Ph.D
CETEMPS, University of L'Aquila
Department of Physics - Atmospheric Sciences
Via Vetoio, 67010 Coppito L'Aquila
Italy
E-mail: sabrina.gentile at aquila.infn.it