[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #52817] History for Advice on stat_analysis

Paul Oldenburg via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Feb 1 08:40:14 MST 2012

I'm looking for a bit of advice on generating aggregate error statistics.

I have forecasts over a series of time periods for a series of models.  Each forecast I have compared to observations using point_stat, and have the mpr and the stats files.  I now trying to aggregate error statistics by lead time for each model,  for example so that I can plot rmse vs lead time for different models.

I'm trying to do this via a stat-analysis job, but as far as I can tell, I need to run a separate job for every lead-time and each  model, and then manually combine the output. Is there a way to do this in one step? I was hoping I could feed all of the mpr files to stat_analysis in one go, and a tabular output similar to the stat or mpr files, with the model and lead time listed in the output.

Is there a way to do this, or do I just need to get on and write a script?

Thanks,

Sam.