[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #49784] History for Error in converting TRMM 3-hr rainfall into MET netcdf format

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Oct 19 09:40:16 MDT 2011

Dear Methelp,
I tried to convert the TRMM 3-hrly accumulated data (from
http://disc2.nascom.nasa.gov/Giovanni/tovas/TRMM_V6.3B42.shtml)  using
trmm2nc.R file.
I copied the ASCII rainfall data and attached for your reference.
When i am running, it is giving error that
*Error: unexpected symbol in "Rscript trmm2nc.R"*

Can you help me why it is like that.
Is this with NETCDF library?
For your information, I have netcdf library and already export that path in
my .bashrc file.
Will the Rscript automatically takes or should I mentioned somewhere when
using this Rscript.

Can you suggest what went wrong?
Thanks in advance,
Krishna.