[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #49759] History for MET not reading LAPS TPW files

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Oct 19 09:40:35 MDT 2011

I am now trying to use point_stat to verify a LAPS lh4 (total precipitable water) NetCDF file against a GPSMet PW file generated by ascii2nc.  The data are store in NetCDF variable 'tpw'.  However, point_stat reports it cannot read an (unspecified) NetCDF attribute (instead of a variable).  See output below.

> ratchet:~/MET > point_stat 112642200.lh4 gpsmet.1126422_1126506_MET.nc PointStatConfig -outdir /home/fab/holub/MET
> GSL_RNG_TYPE=mt19937
> GSL_RNG_SEED=2006874958
> Forecast File: 112642200.lh4
> Climatology File: none
> Configuration File: PointStatConfig
> Observation File: gpsmet.1126422_1126506_MET.nc

> Reading records for tpw(0,*,*).
> NetCDF: Attribute not found
> ratchet:~/MET >

Data files have been uploaded onto the FTP server in /incoming/irap/met_help/holub_data.  So presumably fcst_field[] = [ "tpw(0,*,*)" ] is not the correct way to specify which NetCDF variable to use.  Any insight will be appreciated.

Thanks!

--Kirk

* Kirk L. Holub                                                                 *
* NOAA Earth System Research Laboratory * Global Systems Division               *
* 325 Broadway                          * Forecast Applications Branch          *
* Bldg 33/2B135/x6642                   * 303-497-6642 (W)   303-748-7262 (FAX) *
* Boulder, CO  80305-3328               * 303-748-6390 (Cell)                   *
*    The contents of this message are mine personally and do not reflect any    *
*    position of the United States of America (US), or the US Department of     *
*    Commerce, or the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).   *