[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #46988] History for Question about user-created mask-poly files in pb2nc configuration

RAL HelpDesk {for John Halley Gotway} met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Jun 17 14:12:09 MDT 2011

I've been creating my own user-created mask-poly files for my pb2nc configuration, and receive the following error when the polygon gets too close to the poles:

 MaskPoly::load() -> encountered latitude value too close to a pole, (Lat, Lon) = (-90, -170) in
mask poly file "/glade/data02/dsswork/tcram/ds337.0/data/poly/pb2nc_4378.poly"

Is there a latitudinal limit on how close the polygon can get to the pole without returning this error?

Thanks for the help,
- Tom Cram

Thomas Cram
NCAR / CISL / DSS