[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #43606] History for METv3.0 Problem with NAM

RAL HelpDesk {for John Halley Gotway} met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Feb 23 14:43:19 MST 2011

We have been running mode (Version 3.0) to track pressure centers for NAM,
WRF, and AVN over CONUS.  The MODE ANALYSIS is finding the object in the WRF
and AVN files but doesn't find it in the NAM files though a visual
inspection of the NAM files shows there was an object that met all the
criteria.  To prove my theory I edited the NAM obj.txt file and changed the
model name on the fcst and obs lines that match my criteria to BOB. Then
when I ran mode analysis using BOB and found the objects.  So the problem
seems to be with the name NAM.  I was told that version 3.0 fixed this
problem but that doesn't seem to be the case.  Below is the mode analysis
line and attached is the mode obj.txt file.

bin/mode_analysis -lookin
/h/data/global/WXQC/data/met/mode/pressure/jan061003 -summary -single
-simple -fcst -model BOB  -column centroid_lon -area_thresh_min 100
-fcst_lead 00 -fcst_valid_min 20110107_12 -fcst_valid_max201

10107_12 -fcst_init_hour 12 -centroid_lat_min 20 -centroid_lat_max 60
-centroid_lon_min -110 -centroid_lon_max -50  -out
/sphome/craigr/bf00/flonnambf00

Thanks

Bob