[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #51572] History for MET documentation

Tressa Fowler via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Dec 16 10:45:58 MST 2011

I have a question regarding something in the MET documentation, in appendix C.  In the discussion of the ESTDEV and BCMSE metrics, shouldn't the last paragraph of that section state that the ESTDEV is equivalent to BCRMSE (not BCMSE), since a square root has already been taken?  This appears to be the way that MET calculates it as well, as ESTDEV is the square root of BCMSE in the output files.  I'm just trying to make sure I understand how all of these things are calculated.

Thanks for your help and for your work on MET!

Russ

--
Russ S. Schumacher
Assistant Professor
e-mail: russ.schumacher at colostate.edu
phone: 970.491.8084
web: http://www.atmos.colostate.edu/faculty/schumacher.php

Yes, ESTDEV should be equivalent to BCRMSE. Thanks for catching our
typo. I'll update the documentation.

Tressa