[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #48689] History for Getting Problem in converting TRMM rainfall to MET format

RAL HelpDesk {for Paul Oldenburg} met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Aug 16 09:00:20 MDT 2011

Dear Sir /Madam,
I am using TRMM rainfall Netcdf or bin data for grid_stat MET tool?  which
converter should did I use to convert TRMM Rainfall data (.nc or .bin) to
GRIB1 format? I've tried copygb through Unified Post Processing (UPPv1.0),
still I'm unable to convert it for METv3.0.1 usage.
I want to use some ASCII DATA may be output of some models like GFS etc ..
I have extracted data in the desired 10 columns. I'm trying to use *ascii2nc
*this also giving some error like: open_met_ascii() -> line number 0 doesn't
contain the expected number of colu
N_items        = 7
N_chars        = 512
N_ints         = 100
LineNumber     = 1

Item[ 0]       = "SIDL210       10738   20110601_030000 "
Item[ 1]       = "48.68"
Item[ 2]       = "9.23  "
Item[ 3]       = "391.0 61      "
Item[ 4]       = "974.8"

Item[ 5]       = "1021.5"
Item[ 6]       = "-99.0"

Offset[ 0]     = 0
Offset[ 1]     = 32
Offset[ 2]     = 41
Offset[ 3]     = 47
Offset[ 4]     = 57

Offset[ 5]     = 64
Offset[ 6]     = 71

Please Help me....
 Earliest reply will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

*PS:* *I'm working on AIX-5.3 Machine and METv3.0.1, for Post Processing
Tool "UPPv1.0 "*
--
*     Regards*
**