[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #48651] History for Point-Stat problem

RAL HelpDesk {for Paul Oldenburg} met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Aug 16 08:59:36 MDT 2011

My co-worker and I have been trying to use the point-stat tool from MET. We've created a netcdf file using the madis2nc script successfully on some METAR data. However, we are having trouble reading this  created file using the point-stat configuration. Attached is our configuration file we were using. We consistently received the error message below:

GSL_RNG_TYPE=mt19937
GSL_RNG_SEED=1304047950
Forecast File: wrfout_d01_2011-03-13_08:00:00
Climatology File: none
Configuration File: point_stat_config
Observation File: 20110313_0800.nc<http://20110313_0800.nc>

Reading records for WIND(*,*).
NetCDF: Attribute not found

Would we be able to get some insight into this issue? We are not sure if there is something wrong with  the file itself, or there is something wrong with our configuration file. I've attached the madis netcdf file for you as well.

On one attempt, we entered parameters into the fcst_field and left the obs_field blank (as the manual say can be done). We got an error saying the obs_field cannot be blank. We used the same configuration file attached but with the obs_field blank.

Thanks for the help!
Bri