[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #39109] History for pcp_combine

RAL HelpDesk {for Randy Bullock} met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Apr 27 13:43:49 MDT 2011

Hello Folks,

Alright, 2 requests in one day. What's the record?

Anyway, I am using the pcp_combine tool on the WRF APCP fields to compare with Stage IV data. As you know WRF continuously accumulates prepcipitation. Since I am integrating for one month at a time I need to use the -subtract feature of pcp_combine like so :

pcp_combine -subtract  hrly/myj_03_2009-02-01_00_00_00.grb 0  myj_03_2009-02-01_01_00_00.grb 0 WRF.2009020101.nc

Then I run mode in conjunction with the reformatted Stage IV 1 hour data and get this:

mode WRF.2009020101.nc st4_03/ST4wrf2009020101.grb mode_config -outdir ./mode                       Forecast File: WRF.2009020101.nc
Observation File: st4_03/ST4wrf2009020101.grb
Match Config File: mode_config
Merge Config File: mode_config

ERROR: process_fcst_obs_files() -> accumulation time of 0 hours in the forecast file (WRF.2009020101.nc) does not match the 1 hour accumulation time requested in the config file.

How do I get pcp_combine to write it out as a 1 hour accumulation or vice versa, override this in mode?

Thanks again.

Take care,
Joe

Dr. Joseph L. Eastman
Senior Atmospheric Scientist
WindLogics Inc.
201 4th St NW
Grand Rapids, MN
55744

c - 410.279.9702
w - 651.556.4297
jeastman at windlogics.com<mailto:jeastman at windlogics.com>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of any kind is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender via reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.