[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #44618] History for MET3.0 MODE convex_hull

RAL HelpDesk {for Randy Bullock} met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Apr 27 13:42:15 MDT 2011

I am trying to install the METv3.0 on my system, but I encountered some problem with the MODE Tool.

When I compiled the Makefile I didn't find any error, but if I run the script inside the folder scripts

./test_mode.sh

I obtain this message:

*** Running MODE on APCP using netCDF input for both forecast and observation ***

Forecast File: ../out/pcp_combine/sample_fcst_12L_2005080712V_12A.nc

Observation File: ../out/pcp_combine/sample_obs_2005080712V_12A.nc

Match Config File: config/WrfModeConfig_APCP_12

Merge Config File: config/WrfModeConfig_APCP_12

Forecast Field: APCP_12 at A12

Observation Field: APCP_12 at A12

Identifying objects in the forecast and observation fields...

Computing contingency table statistics...

Identified: 7 forecast objects and 4 observation objects.

Performing merging (threshold merging) in the forecast field.

Performing merging (threshold merging) in the observation field.

Remaining: 7 forecast objects and 4 observation objects.

Performing matching between the forecast and observation fields.

?

ERROR: convex_hull(Polyline &) -> can't find next hull point

?

*** Running MODE on APCP using a GRIB forecast and netCDF observation ***

Forecast File: ../data/sample_fcst/2005080700/wrfprs_ruc13_24.tm00_G212

Observation File: ../out/pcp_combine/sample_obs_2005080800V_24A.nc

Match Config File: config/WrfModeConfig_APCP_24

Merge Config File: config/WrfModeConfig_APCP_24

Forecast Field: APCP_24 at A24

Observation Field: APCP_24 at A24

Identifying objects in the forecast and observation fields...

Computing contingency table statistics...

Identified: 4 forecast objects and 6 observation objects.

Performing merging (no merging) in the forecast field.

Performing merging (no merging) in the observation field.

Remaining: 4 forecast objects and 6 observation objects.

Performing matching between the forecast and observation fields.

?

ERROR: convex_hull(Polyline &) -> can't find next hull point

?

*** Running MODE on RH at 500mb using GRIB input for both forecast and observation ***

Forecast File: ../data/sample_fcst/2005080700/wrfprs_ruc13_12.tm00_G212

Observation File: ../data/sample_fcst/2005080712/wrfprs_ruc13_00.tm00_G212

Match Config File: config/WrfModeConfig_RH

Merge Config File: config/WrfModeConfig_RH

Forecast Field: RH at P500

Observation Field: RH at P500

Identifying objects in the forecast and observation fields...

Computing contingency table statistics...

Identified: 8 forecast objects and 12 observation objects.

Performing merging (no merging) in the forecast field.

Performing merging (no merging) in the observation field.

Remaining: 8 forecast objects and 12 observation objects.

Performing matching between the forecast and observation fields.

?

ERROR: convex_hull(Polyline &) -> can't find next hull point

?

?

can it be due to version of GSL library? I installed the version 1.11.

Thank you so much for your help.

Best regards.

Sabrina Gentile

Sabrina Gentile, Ph.D student
CETEMPS, University of L'Aquila
Department of Physics - Atmospheric Sciences
Via Vetoio, 67010 Coppito L'Aquila
Italy
E-mail: sabrina.gentile at aquila.infn.it