[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #45775] History for Stat-Analysis Tool Clarification

RAL HelpDesk {for John Halley Gotway} met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Apr 12 09:24:32 MDT 2011

When I aggregate the wavelet data (i.e., ISC, etc.) using stat_analysis, how is the data aggregated?  Is it simply just averaged over all the files based on the different parameters (i.e., forecast lead times, etc.)?  Or, is it computed a different way?  The reason I ask is because I want to aggregate the NBRCNT files for FBS and FSS, but (I think) I am only able to do this if using NBRCTC (and NBRCTS using line_type_out), which I'm not interested in.  Is this correct?  If I were to manually aggregate the FSS and FBS, would I just average them if that's how the aggregated ISC are computed?  Hopefully, you can see the point I'm trying to make.  If not, I'll try to explain myself in more depth if needed.

Thanks,
Derek Stratman