[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #46055] History for metar from MADIS

RAL HelpDesk {for John Halley Gotway} met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Apr 19 08:47:51 MDT 2011

I'm trying to convert some metar obs from MADIS from netcdf format into the
ascii format required for input into the ascii2nc tool in MET.
I came across the following link:
http://mailman.ucar.edu/pipermail/met_help/2010-March/001159.html

I wonder, rather than trying to reinvent the wheel, if any progress was made
on the madis2nc / awips2nc tools mentioned has been made? I am assuming that
several MET users out there are using MADIS? Other than the email list, is
there a forum which connects MET users?

Thanks,
Jason