[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #41257] History for Question on MET version 3.0 release (UNCLASSIFIED)

RAL HelpDesk {for John Halley Gotway} met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Oct 4 09:58:20 MDT 2010

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

I would like to know if the patch to Point-Stat, which was written by John
Halley Gotway in April 2010 and described below, was included in the MET 3.0
release?
Thanks.
John

OK, I've made a minor change in the Point-Stat source code.  The updated
version is attached.

Here's the original piece of code:
      cerr << "\n\nERROR: process_obs_file() -> "
           << "can't open observation netCDF file: "
           << obs_file[i_nc] << "\n\n" << flush;
      exit(1);

And here's the modified piece of code:
      cout << "\n\nWARNING: process_obs_file() -> "
           << "can't open observation netCDF file: "
           << obs_file[i_nc] << "\n\n" << flush;
      return;

When one of the observation files passed to it doesn't exist, instead of
exiting with an error message, it'll just print a warning message and
process the remaining observation files.  I suspect that if you look closely
at the output for those hours where the PREPBUFR file does not exist, you'll
find an error message alerting you to that fact.

Please try using this version of the code, recompile MET, and rerun.  And
please let me know if this solves your problem.